so we all have relationships in our lives。
所以我们在生活中都有关系。
We have friends、we have relatives、
我们有朋友。我们有亲戚。
and some times we have good relationships with them,
有时候我们和他们关系很好
and some times we have bad relationships with them。
有时候我们和他们关系不好
In this English lesson,
在这节英语课上,
I ' m going to help you learn how to describe
我会帮助你学习如何描述
both of those kinds of relationships。
这两种关系
(upbeat音乐)
(乐观的音乐)
one of the most common ways to describe a good relationship
解释良好关系的最常用方法之一
in English is to use the phrase to get along。
英语里就是用这个短语过的。
我的brother and I get along .
我哥哥和我相处得很好
When we go out together、when we go to a restaurant、
我们去餐厅的时候一起出去的时候。
we tell each other funny stories and we laugh a lot。
我们互相讲有趣的故事,我们总是大笑。
我的brother and I get along .
我哥哥和我相处得很好
maybe you have a friend that you ' ve known for a long time .
也许你有认识很久的朋友。
And when the two of you get together,
你们俩聚在一起的时候。
you just really enjoy each other ' s company .
你们真的很享受彼此的陪伴
you would then say something like this。
然后你会说这样的话。
我的friend and I get along .
我和朋友们相处得很好。
So one of the most common ways
所以最常用的方法之一是
to describe a positive happy relationship in English
用英语描述积极愉快的关系
Is to use the phrase to get along。
就是用这个短语相处。
Of course,there are also people
当然也有人
That you do not enjoy being around。
你不喜欢在身边
You do not enjoy their公司。
你不喜欢和他们在一起
In that situation,
我
we would use the English phrase to not get along。
我们将用英语短语表示不友好
We would simply use the negative
只需要使用底片
Of the first phrase to get along,
相处的第一句话
and we would use the phrase to not get along。
我们会用这个短语表示不在一起相处
我的cousin and I haven't talked for many,many years .
我和表弟已经很多年没说话了。
我的cousin and I do not get along。
我表哥和我关系不好
It's kind of a sad situation。
这是悲伤的情况。
I should really call my cousin,
我真的得给我表哥打电话。
And we should patch things up .
我们得把它修好。
But right now,my cousin and I don't get along。
但是现在我和表弟相处得不好
Maybe there are stud
ents in a class that you are taking,也许你正在上的课上有学生
and they talk all the time and they don't work very hard.
他们一直在说话 工作也不太努力
You could describe that relationship by saying,
你可以这样描述这种关系:
"I don't get along with the students
“我和学生相处不好
who sit around me in class."
在课堂上坐在我周围的人 ”
So a way to describe a negative relationship,
因此 一种描述负面关系的方式
a bad relationship,
糟糕的关系
is to use the English phrase to not get along.
就是用英语短语来表示不友好
Another great phrase to describe a positive relationship
另一个描述积极关系的好短语
in English is the phrase to enjoy each other's company.
在英语中 “享受彼此的陪伴”是一个短语
When I visit my mom, especially if my aunts are there,
当我去看望我妈妈时 尤其是如果我的姑妈在那里
if my mom's sisters are there,
如果我妈妈的姐姐在那里
we enjoy each other's company.
我们喜欢彼此的陪伴
Usually they tell me stories
通常他们给我讲故事
about what I was like as a child.
关于我小时候的样子
And it's just a fun time.
这只是一段有趣的时光
We sit and have tea and we enjoy each other's company.
我们坐下来喝茶 享受彼此的陪伴
So that's another great way
这是另一个很好的方法
to describe a positive relationship in English,
用英语描述积极的关系
to use the phrase to enjoy each other's company.
用这个短语来享受彼此的陪伴
A phrase you can use to describe a negative relationship
一个可以用来描述负面关系的短语
is the phrase to not see eye to eye.
是一个不对眼的短语
This is a common phrase
这是一个常见的短语
when teenagers are talking about their parents,
当青少年谈论他们的父母时
or when parents are talking about their teenage children.
或者当父母谈论他们十几岁的孩子时
They might say things like this.
他们可能会这样说
"My dad and I don't see eye to eye."
“我爸爸和我意见不一致 ”
"My son and I don't see eye to eye."
“我儿子和我意见不一致 ”
When you don't see eye to eye with someone,
当你与某人意见不一致时
it means you're not getting along.
这意味着你相处不好
It means you're not having fun, enjoyable conversations.
这意味着你的谈话没有乐趣
Instead, you're probably fighting and arguing a little bit.
相反 你可能会有点争吵
So once again, very common with teenagers and parents,
所以再一次 青少年和父母很常见
sometimes they just don't see eye to eye.
有时他们只是意见不一致
Sometimes you've known someone
有时你认识某人
for a really, really long time,
真的 真的很长一段时间
and you are still really good friends.
你们仍然是好朋友
You would then use the English phrase to go way back.
你知道吗
I have a friend that I met when I was five years old.
我有一个朋友
And we're still friends today,
我们今天还是朋友
even though we're both in our early 50s.
尽管我们都50出头了
If someone says to me, "Do you know this person?"
如果有人对我说:“你认识这个人吗?”
I would say, "Yes, he and I go way back."
我会说:“是的 他和我走得很远 ”
I would use the English phrase to go way back
我会用英语短语追溯到很久以前
to describe the fact
来描述事实
that we've known each other for such a long time.
我们认识这么久了
So do you have a friend like that?
你有这样的朋友吗?
Do you know someone where if someone asked you about them,
你认识谁吗?如果有人问起他们
you would say, "Ah, yes, he and I go way back."
你会说 “啊 是的 他和我走得很远 ”
I'm sure there's someone in your life
我肯定你生命中有人
that you do not get along with,
你无法相处
someone who you argue with a lot.
你经常争论的人
In that situation,
在这种情况下
you might use the English phrase to be at odds.
你可以用英语短语来表示不一致
When you say that you are at odds with someone,
当你说你与某人意见不合时
that's what it means.
这就是它的意思
It means that you don't get along.
这意味着你相处得不好
Maybe there's someone at work,
也许有人在工作
and when you work together, you argue a lot,
当你们一起工作时 你们经常争吵
and you disagree on a lot of things.
你在很多事情上都有分歧
You could say this,
你可以这么说
"My colleague and I are at odds on this current project.
“我的同事和我在当前的项目上存在分歧
We don't agree on what the next step should be."
我们对下一步应该做什么没有达成一致意见 ”
So if you want to describe a relationship
所以如果你想描述一段关系
where you're not agreeing,
你不同意的地方
where you're disagreeing and arguing a lot,
你经常不同意和争论
you can use the English phrase to be at odds.
你可以用英语短语来表示不一致
In English, we have this funny phrase,
在英语中 我们有一个有趣的短语
to be like two peas in a pod,
就像豆荚里的两颗豌豆
that we use to describe two people who are kind of similar.
我们用来描述两个有点相似的人
They're usually friends
他们通常是朋友
or maybe they're sisters or something like that.
或者他们是姐妹之类的
And they laugh at the same jokes.
他们也会笑同样的笑话
They have the same sense of humor.
他们有同样的幽默感
We would then say, "They're like two peas in a pod."
然后我们会说 “它们就像一个豆荚里的两颗豌豆 ”
You know how peas grow?
你知道豌豆是怎么长的吗?
They grow in a pod and every pea kind of looks the same.
它们长在豆荚里 每种豌豆看起来都一样
So we use this phrase
所以我们用这个短语
to describe two people who are kind of similar.
来形容两个有点相似的人
In fact, I have to say this, Jen and her sister, I'll spin,
事实上 我不得不这么说 珍和她的妹妹 我会旋转
because Jen's actually pulling the lawn mower out.
因为珍实际上在把割草机拔出来
Jen and her sister are like two peas in a pod.
珍和她的妹妹就像豆荚里的两颗豌豆
They have the same sense of humor.
他们有同样的幽默感
They laugh at the same things.
他们嘲笑同样的事情
It's kind of funny.
这有点滑稽
They're like two peas in a pod.
它们就像豆荚里的两颗豌豆
So I work in a school, I'm a teacher,
所以我在学校工作 我是一名教师
and I like to think I have a good rapport with my students.
和
When we use the English phrase to have a good rapport,
当我们使用英语短语来建立良好的关系时
it means that you have a fun
这意味着你玩得很开心
and good relationship with other people.
和其他人保持良好的关系
Usually, we use this to talk about teachers and students.
通常 我们用这个来谈论老师和学生
Sometimes we use it to talk about a boss and the employees.
有时我们用它来谈论老板和员工
We would use the English phrase to have a good rapport.
我们会用英语短语来建立良好的关系
You would say things like this,
你会这样说
the boss has a good rapport with the workers,
老板与工人关系融洽
or the teacher has a good rapport with the students.
或者老师与学生关系融洽
That means that the teacher and boss are friendly.
这意味着老师和老板很友好
They're helpful.
他们很有帮助
They don't do things that are unfair.
他们不做不公平的事
They create a workplace or a classroom
他们创建了一个工作场所或教室
that's just really enjoyable for the people who are there.
这对在场的人来说真的很享受
They have a good rapport with their students
他们与学生关系融洽
and their workers.
和他们的工人
In English, if you wanted to describe
如果你想用英语描述
two people who are really good friends,
两个真正的好朋友
you could use the phrase to be the best of friends.
你可以用这个短语来做最好的朋友
Maybe you know two people
也许你认识两个人
who have been friends for a very long time,
他们是很长一段时间的朋友
and they're still really good friends today.
他们今天仍然是好朋友
You would describe them by saying,
你可以这样描述他们:
"They're the best of friends."
“他们是最好的朋友 ”
Jim and Joe are the best of friends.
吉姆和乔是最好的朋友
They've been friends for about 20 years.
他们已经做了大约20年的朋友了
And today, they still do all kinds of things together.
今天 他们仍然在一起做各种事情
They are the best of friends.
他们是最好的朋友
If you know two people who no longer talk to each other,
如果你认识两个不再说话的人
maybe they are relatives, or maybe they used to be friends.
也许他们是亲戚 也许他们以前是朋友
We would use the English phrase to not be on speaking terms.
我们会用英语短语来避免口语
When you say that two people aren't on speaking terms,
当你说两个人不说话时
when you use the English phrase to not be on speaking terms,
当你用英语短语不说话时
it means that they had a relationship in the past.
这意味着他们过去有过关系
They used to talk to each other,
他们过去常常互相交谈
but they no longer talk to each other anymore.
但他们不再说话了
They have decided that they just don't like each other.
他们已经决定他们只是不喜欢对方
It's not a very nice situation,
情况不太好
but if you know two people in that situation,
但如果你认识两个人
you would use the English phrase
你会用英语短语
to not be on speaking terms.
不说话
Well, thank you so much
好吧 非常感谢
for watching this little English lesson
看了这节英语课
about how to describe friendly and unfriendly relationships.
关于如何描述友好和不友好
I hope you were able to learn
我希望你能学会
a little bit more English in this lesson.
在这节课上多讲一点英语
Remember, if this is your first time here,
记住 如果这是你第一次来这里
don't forget to click that red subscribe button.
别忘了点击红色的订阅按钮
Give a thumbs up if you like this video,
竖起大拇指如果你
and leave a comment
并留言
if you want to practice your English writing skills.
如果你
And of course, if you have the time,
当然 如果你有时间
why don't you stick around and watch another English lesson?
你为什么不留下来再看一节英语课呢?