when you do something over and over again,
当你反复做一件事的时候。
Eventually you get good at it。
最终你会受益的
When you practice something,eventually you get good at it .
你练习的时候,你最终会受益的。
This is the English phrase we use
这是我们使用的英语短语
when we talk about some one who does something
当我们谈论做了什么的人的时候。
Really,really well。
真的太好了
We say they're good at it .
我们说他们做得很好
If you practice basketball a lot,
练习篮球的话
eventually you ' re good at playing basketball。
毕竟你篮球打得很好。
If you arrange a lot of flowers,
如果你安排很多花。
If you make a lot of bouquets,
如果你做很多花。
eventually we say you ' re good at making bouquets,
最后,我们说你擅长制作布基。
but there are other phrases you can use。
但是还有别的词可以用。
this is definitely the most common phrase,
这确实是最常见的话。
but there are other phrases you can use
但是还有其他单词。
to describe some one who does something really,really well。
为了描述真正擅长的人。
and that ' s what I ' m gonna tell you about
这就是我想告诉你的。
In this English lesson。
在这节英语课上,
(upbeat音乐)
(乐乐)
let ' s start by talking about the English phrase,
我们先谈谈英语吧。
To be good with .
好好的
we use this phrase when we ' re talking about people
我们说话的时候用这个词
who are good at talking to other people。
善于和别人说话的人
people who are good at making other people
善于做别人的人
Feel very comfortable。
感到很舒服
we use this phrase when talking about people
我们说话的时候用这个词
who are really good at taking care of children
真正善于照顾孩子的人。
or people who are good at taking care of dogs
或者擅长照顾狗的人
Or cats or other pets。
还有猫或其他宠物。
You might hear sentences like this。
你会听到这样的句子
he ' s a great sales man . he ' s good with people。
他是个了不起的推销员,他和人很好。
she ' s an excellent teacher . she ' s good with little kids。
她是个好老师,她对孩子很好。
She's an excellent veterinarian。
她是个优秀的兽医
she ' s good with dogs and she ' s good with cats。
她非常喜欢狗。她和猫都很好。
So instead of saying that the person
不是说那个人
Is good at that job、
这件事做得很好
the alternative is to say they are good with,
替换
是说他们是好的and then to mention the people
然后提到那些人
or animal that the person is good with.
或者此人所擅长的动物
So, she's good at taking care of animals.
所以 她擅长照顾动物
She's good with animals.
她对动物很好
Another way to say someone is good at something in English
另一种说有人擅长用英语做的事
is to use the phrase, to have a way with.
就是用这句话来和
When you say someone has a way with something,
当你说有人有办法的时候
it means they're good at it.
就意味着他们很擅长
The most common phrase,
最常见的一句话
and it's a phrase you've probably heard before,
这是你以前听过的一句话
is to say someone has a way with words.
说有人有话要说
He's a really good speaker. He has a way with words.
他是个好说话的人 他有话说
She's a really good writer. She has a way with words.
她是个好作家 她有话说
But you can use this phrase
但是你可以用这个词
to talk about other things as well.
谈论其他事情
You could say this.
你可以这样说
Jen is really good at growing flowers.
珍真的很擅长种植花
She has a way with flowers.
她有带花的路
You can also use this to talk about pets again.
你也可以用这个来再谈宠物
You could say when she's around dogs,
你可以说她在狗身边时
they're always happy and really like her.
他们总是很开心真的很喜欢她
She has a way with dogs.
她和狗有一条路
So another way in English to say someone
用另一种方法说英语
is really, really good at something
真的很棒
is to use the phrase, to have a way with.
就是用这句话来和
Now, if you know someone who's just really good
如果你知道一个真正好的人
at talking to people, someone who's really good
在跟人说话的时候
at making people feel comfortable and enjoy themselves,
让人们感到舒服和享受自己的生活
you might use the English term people person.
你可以用这个英语词汇的人
You might say things like this.
你可以这样说
I love visiting my uncle. He's a people person.
我喜欢拜访我叔叔 他是个别人
He greets me at the door. He gets me a cup of tea.
他在门口让我很灰心 他给我一杯茶
We sit down and chat and laugh.
我们坐下来聊天笑
He makes me feel comfortable
他让我觉得舒服
and it's very enjoyable to be around him.
在他身边很享受
He's a real people person.
他是个真正的人
So, this is just specific to people
所以 这只是特定于人们
who are good at talking to other people.
善于与他人交谈的人
People who are good at making other people feel comfortable
善于让别人感到舒服的人
and enjoy their presence.
好好享受他们的生活
We would describe that person by saying
我们会用一句话来形容那个人
they're a people person.
他们是一个人
And if you wanna emphasize it,
如果你想强调一下
you would add the word real,
你会补充真实的词
and you would say, they're a real people person.
你会说他们是个真正的人
I really enjoy talking to my uncle.
我很喜欢跟叔叔说话
He's a real people person.
他是个真正的人
When you need to get something fixed,
当你需要有固定的东西时
you want the person who fixes it
你想要把它修好的人
to be good at fixing that item.
能把这个项目固定好
In English we might use the English phrase,
用英语我们可以用英语
to know their stuff.
知道他们的事
If your computer is broken and your nephew
如果你的电脑坏了你的侄子
is going to fix it,
会把它修好
you hope that he knows his stuff.
你希望他知道他的事
You hope that he is an expert
你希望他是个专家
at fixing your particular computer problem.
来解决你的电脑问题
When you take your car to the garage,
当你开车去车库的时候
you hope that the mechanic knows her stuff.
你希望那个机械师知道她的东西
You hope that she's studied and read manuals,
你希望她学习阅读手册
and gone and taken classes
上了课
about how to fix your particular problem.
如何解决您的特殊问题
So instead of saying, they're good at fixing computers
所以不是说 他们擅长固定电脑
or good at fixing cars,
或擅长修理汽车
you can simply say they know their stuff.
你可以说他们知道他们的事
He's good at fixing computers. He knows his stuff.
他擅长固定电脑 他知道他的东西
She's good at fixing cars. She knows her stuff.
她很擅长修理汽车 她知道她的东西
When we talk about hiring someone
当我们谈论雇人时
to fix something or hiring someone to do some work for you,
帮你修理什么或者雇人帮你做些工作
we want them to be good at what they do
我们希望他们能做好他们所做的事
but we also want them to be professional.
但我们也希望他们是专业的
So when someone comes and maybe puts a new window
所以当有人来的时候
in your house,
在你的房子里
you want them to be good at replacing windows.
你想让他们换个窗户
But as they do it, you want them to be professional as well.
但当他们这样做时 你希望他们也能成为专业的
When we say someone is professional
当我们说某人是专业的
when they do their work, oh, they were very professional
他们做的时候 哦 很专业
when they replaced the window,
当他们换了窗户的时候
so what we mean is that they were kind, they were polite.
所以我们的意思是 他们是善良的 是有礼貌的
They cleaned up after themselves.
他们自己清理了
They did a really nice job.
他们做得很好
They didn't just rip the old window out,
他们不把旧窗户拆了
stick the new one in, and leave without talking to you.
把新的一个留在这里而不跟你说话
They did a really nice job
他们做得很好
and they kind of communicated well along the way.
他们之间的沟通也很顺利
And they finished the job in a way
他们以一种方式完成了工作
where you were very, very happy.
你非常非常高兴
So, when you hire someone to fix something
所以当你雇人来修理
or do something on your house or apartment,
或者在你的房子或公寓里做些什么
it's really good if they're good at it,
如果他们能做好这件好事
but it's also really nice
但也很不错
if they can be professional while they're doing it.
如果他们能做到专业的话
When you're talking about someone who's good at something,
当你在谈论一个擅长什么的人时
maybe a little more musical or artistic,
也许更有音乐或艺术
you can use the English word talented.
你可以用英文单词
You can use the word talented to say
你可以用天才的词说
that they're good at something.
他们擅长什么
Here are a few examples.
以下是几个例子
You could say.
你可以说
He's a very talented guitar player.
他是个很有天赋的吉他演奏家
She's a very talented painter.
她是个很有才华的画家
He's a very talented piano player.
他是个天才的钢琴演奏家
She's a very talented singer.
她是个很有天赋的歌手
When you say that someone is good at playing guitar
当你说有人擅长弹吉他
or good at singing, it doesn't sound fancy enough for me.
或者擅长唱歌对我来说听起来不够花俏
I like to use the word talented.
我喜欢用天才的词
If I say he's really good at playing guitar,
如果我说他擅长弹吉他
it just doesn't sound as good as saying
这听起来不像话
he's a talented guitar player.
他是个有天赋的吉他演奏家
That just sounds way better.
听起来不错
And it makes for a better description
为了更好的描述
of how good that person is at playing the guitar.
那个人在弹吉他的时候
So when we're talking about something that isn't artistic
所以当我们谈论的不是艺术
or musical, we might use the English word skilled.
或者音乐剧我们可以用英语单词
You might say things like this.
你可以这样说
She's a skilled video editor.
她是个熟练的视频编辑
He's a skilled carpenter.
他是个熟练的木匠
Because these people have learned a skill,
因为这些人学会了一技之长
they've learned to do something
他们学会了
that they're really, really good at,
他们真的很擅长
we use the word skilled to describe it.
我们用熟练的文字来形容它
She's a skilled video editor. He's a skilled carpenter.
她是个熟练的视频编辑 他是个熟练的木匠
When we say phrases like that,
当我们说这些话的时候
we're definitely saying this person has done it a lot.
我们肯定是说这个人做了很多事
They've learned how to do this really, really well,
他们学会了如何做到这一点
and they're really, really good at it.
他们真的很擅长
They are just very, very skilled.
他们只是非常 非常熟练
Well, thank you so much for watching this English lesson
非常感谢你收看英语课
where I gave you some other options to use
我给你的其他选择
when describing someone
描述某人时
who's really, really good at something.
他真的很擅长什么
Remember, if this is your first time here,
记住如果这是你的第一次
don't forget to click that red subscribe button over there.
别忘了点击那边的红色预订按钮
Gimme a thumbs up
给我竖起大拇指
if this video helped you learn a little bit more English
如果这个视频能帮你学习更多的英语
and once again, if you're not sure what to do next,
如果你不知道下一步该怎么办
why don't you stick around and watch another English lesson?
你为什么不去看另一个英语课