Gabrielle: Perfect.

完美无比。

Susan: Well, it's nice to see you two getting along again.


看到你们两个在一起我真高兴。

Carlos: We've sort of turned a corner.

我们的关系正处在某种转折点。


Susan: Really? Does that mean you're gonna be getting back together?

真的吗?你们会和好吗?


Gabrielle (at the same time as Carlos): God, no!

才不会。

Carlos (at the same time as Gabrielle): Maybe.


有可能。

Susan: Wow, is that shrimp?

哇,有大虾。


Gabrielle: What would make you think I would have even consider taking you back?

你凭什么认为,我会和你和好。

Carlos: Well, you invited me to be your date.

你请我当你的男伴。


Gabrielle: Guest, Carlos. I said guest.


客人,卡洛斯,你只是个客人。

Carlos: Come on, you've been flirting with me since I came in. 'Here, baby, let me fix your tie.' Well, for a woman who is not interested, you sure are sending some mixed signals.

得了吧,我一进门,你就一直跟我调情,“宝贝,我帮你理一下领结”。你就是在发出暧昧信号。

Gabrielle: You want a clear signal? How's this?

你想要个明确信号吗?这个如何?



Susan: Ian!


伊恩。

Ian: Susan?

苏珊。

Susan: What are you doing here?


你在这儿干什么?

Ian: Well, my cousin is Dr. Hodge's dental hygienist and her husband, he couldn't join us since he's come down with a spot of impetigo, so she called me. Knowing how much I love a Garden Toss and so...

我表姐是霍吉先生的牙医,她丈夫被脓包病放倒了,参加不了婚礼,她就打电话叫我来。因为她知道我喜欢看抛吊袜带

Susan: Ian?


伊恩?

Ian: Yes, I'm such a terrible liar. Impetigo? Where did that come from?

好吧,我连说谎都不会。脓包病,亏我说得出口。


Susan: Hmm? So what are you really doing here?

你到这儿来究竟是干什么的?


Ian: Look, I can't stop thinking about us. About how great we could be together and I think you're making a mistake.

听着,我无法停止思考我们的事,我们要是在一起,该该多好。我觉得你错了。


Susan: Ian.

伊恩

Ian: Susan, please don't go. Can't we at least talk about this?


苏珊,别走好吗?至少和我谈谈好吗?

Susan: I can't 'cause I have bridesmaid stuff.

不行,我有伴娘的事要做。


Gabrielle: Hi there. I just wanted to say you're doing a great job, Tad. That's such a masculine name.

你好,我觉得你表现真不错,塔德。这名字真有阳刚气。


Tad: My boyfriend seems to like it.

我男朋友也很喜欢。


Gabrielle: Okay, here's the drill. My ex is here and I want to piss him off so just act like you're all hot for me and there's a hundred buck tip in it for you.

好吧,帮我个忙。我想气气我前夫,你要装着对我欲火中烧。这是100元小费。

Tad: Right, uh, so should I cup your boob?

好吧,我该摸你的胸吗?

Gabrielle: No, I'll drive.

不用,我来就好。

  • flirt with sb. 和某人调情
  • send some mixed signals 发出暧昧信号
  • dental hygienist 牙科保健师
  • come down with a spot of impetigo
  • come down with sth. 染,得(某种疾病)
  • impetigo[ˌɪmpɪˈtaɪgo] n.小脓疱疹
  • a spot of (一点儿)= a little = a bit of后接“不可数名词”
  • masculine [ˈmæskjəlɪn] a.男性的;雄的;阳性的
  • drill [drɪl]n.钻; 钻头; 钻床; 钻机; 练习; 训练; (应对紧急情况的)演习;
  • piss sb. off使厌烦;使恼怒;使失望
  • be hot for sb. 迷恋某人